Sports & Action Video Cameras GoPro HERO
HERO makes it easy to capture and share your world. Featuring high-quality 1080p30 and 720p60 video, and 5MP photos up to 5 fps, HERO captures the same immersive footage that’s made GoPro one of the best-selling cameras in the world. Wearable, gear-mountable and integrated into a rugged, waterproof housing, HERO helps you capture photos and videos that make you look like just that: a HERO.
Features + Benefits:
• Stunning Video Quality - Record gorgeous 1080p30 and 720p60 video.
• Diverse Photo Capture - Capture 5MP single, Time Lapse and Burst photos up to 5 fps.
• Durable + Waterproof to 131’ (40m) - Designed to withstand extreme environments and conditions.
• QuikCapture - Power on and record automatically with the press of a button.
• Wearable + Mountable - Compatible with most GoPro mounts for immersive self-capture during your favorite activities.
• SuperView - Captures the world’s most immersive wide-angle field of view.
• Small + Lightweight - Small, compact design for easy portability and mounting. Weighs just 3.9oz.
• Auto Low Light - Automatically adjusts frame rates for optimal low-light performance.
• Ultra Wide-Angle Glass Lens - Enables engaging, immersive footage of you and your world.
• Long-Lasting Battery - Offers approximately 2.5 hours of recording time.
• Built-in Microphone - Record audio with the built-in microphone. The included Skeleton Backdoor enables enhanced audio capture during low-speed activities.
• Integrated Camera + Housing Design - Camera is built directly into the housing for simplicity and ease of use.
• External Memory - Supports microSD cards up to 32GB (Class 10 or UHS-1 required). Sold separately.
• GoPro Software - Import your photos and videos. Easily create gorgeous, GoPro-style videos to share on Facebook, YouTube and more.
As I've just come back from a trip for a couple weeks and put this camera to the test, it's now time for an honest review. Thinking back on my usage experience and reviewing my footage, here are my conclusions:
- This little camera is so easy to pack, carry, and use -- one can quickly get some nice wide-angle video and pictures, at those times when you suddenly see something you want to shoot.
- The wide angle lens makes it easy to point and shoot, as wherever you point you will be covering most of the view -- and some of your shots will be stunning.
- Being able to take this camera in the ocean/water makes for some great swimming and snorkeling shots.
- The microphone works quite well also, picking up a fair bit of detail, as long as there is not too much extra noise around you.
- This camera works very poorly for low light conditions -- my night footage is not useable.
- This camera works very poorly for hand held moving shots -- I filmed a lot just by holding onto a mounting accessory -- any slight movement made pictures blurry (and useless) and videos hard to watch due to all the shaking. I will use it more in a mounted capacity in the future.
- No LCD viewer -- of course it would be easier with an LCD screen on the back showing what you are taking, even a very rudimentary one -- but the wide angle lens makes it pretty easy to guess.
- My new product did arrive with a couple of manufacturing imperfections (see pictures), which you'd never expect for a company of this size. Of course they have no bearing on the camera's functionality (and don't contribute to my rating), but do speak about the company's supply chain and/or QA.